Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July 2010!!! :)

Setting up the tent in Grandma Ahlstrom's backyard! It has been a lifetime tradition to go to Huntsville every fourth of July, camp out in Grandma's yard on the 3rd and enjoy Huntsville's Independence Day Celebration on the 4th (this year the 3rd where the fourth was a Sunday). I have only missed it one year and that was last year because we were in Colorado and could not make the trip. So good to be back!!! :)
Derek+S'mores=Messy!!! :)
Best parts of life food and family!
Ben and Nathan-all the kids sure love Ben!
Kyle and Dad playing a little soccer.
Lindsay, Ryan, and Grandma making s'mores.
Dad and I
Celebrating Hailey's birthday!!! 8 years old-practically a lady! ;)
Ben and the GINORMOUS marshmallow!
Shelby, Mark, Jessamy, and cute little Boston!
Andrea and I getting a little homemade root beer! YUM!
Jared and Ben
Uncle Brent and the kids
Wheeeee! Ahlstrom family thrill rides!
Ben and Nathan doing what boys do best!
The creepy bat in Grandma's garage....
We are family!
Do you think the kids like Ben? Seems like I never get to even sit by him when the kids are around. :)
Ben, Ryan, and I watching the parade! :)

The Harry Potter float-pretty creative! It was for a dentists office and had titles like "the Order of the silver filling"-pretty funny!
Lady Liberty!
Lindsay and I ready for some fun @ the carnival!
My love and I-finally away from the kids and together! ;)
Our cute souvenir!!! A wooden cut out with the Bountiful Temple (where we were married) hanging in the center-I love it!!! Thanks Ben!
One gorgeous car!!!
Ben's dream car-I had to drag him away-literally.
Love the license plate on this Lamborghini!

Pretty Butterfly on Grandma's flowers.
Andrea, Jared and I chilling in Pineview Reservoir-tiger muskies don't scare us! :)
Ha ha Ben snuck this one of me biting my nails after I broke several off the last time I swung out into the lake on the rope...long nails are pretty, but get in the way!
After the nails were gone the ride was a lot less painful.;) Holding all your body weight by your arms on a wet slippery stick is harder than it looks!
I was able to rummage and find some clothes in our trunk and from my sister-poor Ben was not so lucky and did not get to swim-we will have to go back!
Me and my new friend going down the inflatable slide-she was so scared climbing the steps to the top so I helped her and then she insisted on sitting on my lap to go down-pretty cute though. She gave me a hug at the bottom. Super cute little girl! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate the 4th of July. The pictures are looking great and seems like you all had an amazing time. My brother’s birthday also falls on 4th of July so we have even more reasons to party on that day. Just celebrated his birthday a few days ago with a grand party at one of the popular event locations.

    ReplyDelete