Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11...10 years later




It has been 10 years today since the 9/11 attack. I was 14 and attending Jr. High. I will never forget the fear and sorrow that flooded me as I watched the second plane hit the tower on the tv in my homeroom class. The teacher immediately turned off the tv and told us to focus on our school work-ya right! My next class was Spanish and my teacher told me we deserved to know what was going on and turned on the news for the duration of class. I felt helpless and awful for the people involved in the attack. I don't know how people can acquire so much hate that would enable them to do such a thing.
I will also, however, never forget how this country came together. For one day we were unified no matter race, religion, or political affiliation. It was a horrible day, but in turn I feel we grew as a nation and learned the importance of standing together and aiding one another no matter what. May we always respect the sorrow of this day, but may we also always remember the strength that we found to fight back and move on with our lives. GOD BLESS THE USA!!! I am so grateful to live here!
For the Husband who told his Wife I love you for the last time before his plane went down in a field...For the Wife who paused in the stairs to tell her Husband I love you forever...For the Father's and Mother's who kissed their kids goodbye for the last time before they died...For the Policemen who rushed in with the Fireman to get others out only to die themselves... For the Soldiers who fought back and lost their lives... Today, tomorrow, ten years from now...we will remember!!

No comments:

Post a Comment